Monday 18 April 2011

#10-Reviewing Vonnegusto with Gus-...well, you know.

Alrighty! Let's get down to brass tacks!

So for my peer review, I decided to go with Vonnegusto.
I'm not actually sure whose blog it is, to be quite honest. Anyways, here's the link:
http://vonnegusto.tumblr.com/
Wow. I really, really liked this blog. It was funny and charming, without sacrificing content. The last post, titled 'Closure', was a bastardization of quotes from the novel to reflect blogging. It was fresh, cute and a perfect way to end a blog about a novel. I wish I'd thought of that :P.

One thing I like about Tumblr,  which this poster took advantage of, is that you can re-blog quotes, and the Nietzsche one which they chose fit the book very well, though I'm actually quite surprised that someone has evidence of Nietzsche saying something positive. I'll link to it, so you can know what I'm talking about.
I guess for once Nietzsche must have been having a good day.

Perhaps I'm obsessed a bit of a fanatic sucker for poetry and lyrics, but I like that the poster of this blog found a song that they felt fit the novel perfectly, and then had an entire post dedicated to explaining why. I was certainly convinced. I actually went and googled the song afterwards, and now it's probably going to be stuck in my head every time I read the novel 'Slaughterhouse-Five'. In addition to the lyrics being so perfect, I was surprised to find that the sound of the tune even seemed to fit the novel to a tee. Good job WriterofVonnegusto!

For the post entitled Book Banning, Burning, and other Words That Begin with B, I like how the author connected the ideas of book-banning to the novel 1984, I thought that was exactly right. I agreed with everything they had to say on the subject, though I found the last line quite tongue-in -cheek: "I’d really like to make a case for censoring (obliterating) censorship. If you don’t agree, I will censor your censorship. Seriously."
Not to mention the fact that the title of the post was really cute.

All in all, this was a good blog that was thought provoking and obviously well thought-out, though I still haven't a clue by whom :/

-Ellana

1 comment:

  1. Hey Ellana, I took the courtesy of clicking the link, and by the writing (although i am not sure), I believe it is Lydia =)

    ReplyDelete