Sunday 17 April 2011

#11- Soles and Souls

Suffering and the past are common themes in both Slaughterhouse-Five and life in general. Though Billy has no choice but to just go with the flow, the majority of us find ourselves in situations that can be difficult to cope with





Baring Soles
by Ellana


I'm walking with no shoes
The ground is digging in my flesh
I've nothing left to lose
And I've got no one to impress
My clothing once was freshly pressed
But now it falls away
Revealing in a sorry state
I'd feared would show one day
No rubber soles to ground me
And I've floated clean away

Why can't you see while lacking shoes my very soul's been neatly bruised?
I've nothing left to balance on
I'm dazed and plain confused
I've gone ghost alabaster
And my blood's drained down to black
I'm darkened from a time I lost
What I could not gain back

For memory's the only place in which I'm safe and warm
I tell myself there is no rain
No cold
And perfect storm
As all around the blinding light
Has faded down to black
Still darkened from a time I lost
What I could not gain back

They say you can't walk backwards
Back towards the finished past
So why is it the future
Is a road of broken glass?
I'm bleeding out of every pore
Onto the dying grass

No comments:

Post a Comment