Sunday 17 April 2011

#9- Music for Broken Souls

I can say, with very little fear of being told that I'm wrong, that Kurt Vonnegut is quite the inspiration.
His writings and ideas have affected countless lives, and I can honestly say that the book 'Slaughterhouse-Five', from the first time I read it in 4th grade, has affected my world outlook and how I view humanity as a whole.
With that in mind, I went looking for other art-forms that had been inspired by Vonnegut's writings. This lead me to a song called 'Tick Tock', which is not only inspired by the book Slaughter-house Five, but whose vocal track is actually Kurt Vonnegut reading the part of the novel right before Billy is first abducted by the Tralfamadorians. Give the song a minute or so to get into the actual song, the instruments kind of come in slowly. I thought it was okay at first, but it actually gets really amazing once the song gets into it, and anyways it's worth it just to hear Vonnegut reading from his own book :3

-Ellana

No comments:

Post a Comment